week 14: the future of comics

For this week's reading, I read only two in the course resource which was the Perry Bible Fellowship Almanac, and Megg, Mogg & Owl. In my opinion, those two books have shared the same common which was it tells a really short story in just several drawings. Also, I find out of that if I read it as homework, the speed of it get boring is behind your imagination, but in another hand, If I am not just read it for the homework, I just treated it the stuff that I read like short news or something else, it gets pretty interesting, and I could keep reading it and reading it all day long. Its just kind of like the new app that popped up out of nowhere called tik tok, in this app, there are countless of a short video that created by millions of the users, some of them are sharing their little story in their life, some of them might filming of their parents' reaction of telling them a dirty joke or something, anyway, it is pretty interesting, and these two books that I read this week in some way I think it is like the app, it is just represented in a different form. And I did a little bit of research on these two books. It is a newspaper comic strip and webcomic, it originated in the Syracuse University newspaper The Daily Orange.  The comics are usually three or four panels long and are generally characterized by the juxtaposition of whimsical childlike imagery or fantasy with morbid, sudden, or unexpected surreal humor. Common subjects include irony, religion, sexuality, war, science fiction, suicide, violence, and death. The comic received its title, taken from the name of a church in Perry, Maine, in its Daily Orange incarnation.
Those comic actually reminds me about when I was fifth grade, back in China, the comics were all in the comic magazines, and it was two dollars for one, there will be seven to eight different series of comic, and the magazine was subscribed monthly, and back in the day, all the things that Chinese parents asked their children to do is study and study, the comic books were in their define trash, because it drags our attention from the class and we will read the comics and have no clue what did the teacher teach in the class, and that is not acceptable for them. so we can not be asked money from them to buy these kinds of the magazine. We have to save money from daily usage such as save twenty-five cents from lunch, and twenty-five cents from dinner, and keep the money to buy those comic magazines. Most of the comics from the magazine were like the comic I read this week, those are all really short story from daily school life, I still remember that the protagonist call ah shy, its just talk about somethings that the protagonist was a "bad kid" in the school and he was really unlucky and had a bad grade, and he got bullied sometimes, and he always does something that makes people laugh. It was just so fun to read it back in the day.

Here are the comics that I talked about when I was a kid, this one basically says about that he was ways to lose something, Monday he loses his gloves, and Tuesday he loses his pan and his scarf, then his mom comes out of an idea of use ropes and tie all the thing he needs to his neck, and he dresses like that to the school then all the classmate laughed at him, that basically is the story of the page and I was laugh so hard when I watch back in the day.

Comments

Popular Posts