week 12 comics by women

For the reading this week, I read the Bitch Planet, this book is an American comic book published by Image Comics, created by writer Kelly Sue DeConnick and artist Valentine De Landro. The reason why I choose this book to read is that the name of it is pretty unique not only to me, but also to the topic of this week, the topic of this week is comics by women, but this book called bitch planet at some point is curse at women, so I was like wait a minute, is this book in this week's reading? Oh, it is! Uh, interesting. And yeah, this book did not let me down, it is a pretty interesting book to read, the content is very creative, and the style is also pretty classic Americanized I think. The series is a feminist portrayal of the exploitation film genre and takes place in a dystopian reality, where non-compliant women are sent to an off-planet prison. And all the story is what happened on this planet, and what happened during the way to this planet. In my opinion, this book is a Feminism for sure, but also the author of this book uses her rich imagination to create this series of books, it is so impressive I think. And surprisingly the reaction to Bitch Planet has been generally positive. Susana Polo at The Mary Sue wrote of the first issue: "Bitch Planet promised space prison, violence, a heck of a lot of ladies of various colors, and a reclamation of the 'women in prison' subgenre of exploitation film for the modern audience. It ... delivers". Chris Sims of Comics Alliance, also reviewing the first issue, claimed that "it's thrilling, it's violent, and it's one of the best first issues of the year". Jeff Lake, writing for IGN, called Bitch Planet #1 "an excellent comic." To me, that was kind of unusual though, because I think that the people of Anti-feminism will be attacking it or do something at least the reaction probably could have two different voices, but the truth is here it is what it is and I pretty like this book as well, what else can I say.

Comments

Popular Posts